This consultation is intended for licensed physicians who authorize and prescribe medical cannabis to patients within Canada.
The authorization of high daily quantities of cannabis for medical purposes is a concern for regulators who must consider the best available evidence to support an upper limit for authorization, including the potential health risks associated with use of the authorized amounts.
Dr. Caroline MacCallum was a member of the Expert Review Committee which provided guidance for Health Canada on authorization of high daily quantities of cannabis for medical purposes.
60 min. consultation appointment includes:
- Review of physician’s current authorization and prescribing practices
- Interpretation of Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Program
- Discussion on current practice standards, cannabis cultivation, dosing, patient safety, and prescription monitoring
- A summary of the information discussed in consultation
- Access to relevant physician education resources